I practice all of the arterial and venous surgery, and other specialised interventions as a result of the knowledge I gathered. My specialty expands to the aortic arch, the chest and abdominal aorta and the implantation of endografts and the hybrid treatment of the sub-veins from the main artery. My knowledge in the area of veins is treating the tumour disorders that affect the larger veins, and also traditional and endovenous treatment.
- Vascular surgery
- Aorta surgery
- Aortic arch surgery
- Aorta of chest
- Visceral arteries
- Kidney arteries
- Endograft treatment of aorta diseases
- 1967 – 1969: Institute of Experimental Medicine, MTA
- Morphological electron microscope research
- 1969 – 1975: 4th Surgical Clinic, Semmelweis University
- 1975 – 1976: Surgical Clinic, University of Munich
- Vascular surgery internship
- 1976 – : Vein and Heart Surgery Clinic
- 1976 – : Responsible for studies
- 1978 – : Head of Vein Surgery
- 1981 – : Clinical adjunct
- 1989 – : Semmelweis University
- 1989 – : Docent
- 1995 – : Professor
- 1997 – : Habilitated professor
- 1990 – 1991: Mayo Clinic
- 2002 – : Buda Health Center
Education and qualifications
- 1967: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 1972: qualifying exam in general surgery
- 1980: qualifying exam in vein surgery
- 1997: Dr. Habil
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Angiology Society
- 1989 – 1993: Chief secretary
- 1993 – 1997: Director
- European Heart and Vein Surgery Society
- 1996 – 2000: Vice director
- 2000: Director
- European Board of Vascular Surgery
- International Vascular Workshop
- International Union of Angiology
- Central European Vascular Forum
- Hungarian Surgical Society
- Hungarian Angiology and Vein Surgery Society
- Hungarian Society of Hypertension and Nephrology
- Surgical College
- European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Member of Editorial Board
- Journal of International Angiology
- German, Austrian, Croatian, Slovak, Serbian, Romanian professional societies
- 1996 – 2000: Széchenyi scholarship
- 2002: Batthyányi -Strattman award
- 2003: Soltész Lajos medallion
- 2005: Balasa János medallion
- 2005: Markusovszky award
- 2005: Hemingway Foundation award
- In 1976 professor Heberer pronounced him a vein surgeon specialist. After his homecoming he began to revolutionise Hungarian vein surgery methods in the Vein and Heart Surgery Clinic.
From 1980 he was preparing specialist candidates. In 1984 he defended his candidate thesis, “The surgical treatment of renovascular hypertension”.
In 1990 – 1991 he spent 16 months researching into the prevention of ischemia of the spinal cord at the Mayo Clinic. His studieses were supported by OTKA, so he could continue them in Hungary in 1998 – 2000.
His vein surgical activities cover all the areas of his profession; he has performed more than 11 000 operations.
Since 1980 he has organised 28 international symposiums. He built connections in Germany, Austria and America and organised four European congresses.
He was honorary and visiting professor of the Mayo Clinic, Uniformed Services University, and North Carolina, State of Washington Padova, Ferrara, Bari, Belgrade, Prague, Zagreb, Milano and Paris Universities. In 2002 he gave the Leriche memorial lecture at the European Heart and Vein Surgery Society congress, which was held in Helsinki.
In his career he has held 421 international presentation at forums, 164 exams and written 18 book chapters, of which one is in German, one in French and six of them are in English.
Should You like to make an appointment with our collegue for private consultation, please dial the number +36-1-489-5200, where our dispatchers will answer your call between 8am and 8pm every weekday!