Imre Gerlinger has been working at the University of Pécs since 1981, and has been a professor of the ENT Department (Department of Otorhinolaryngology) since 2009. He has been an otorhinolaryngologist since 1986, and an audiologist since 1998. After receiving his habilitation degree in 2007, he became Doctor of Science (DSc) at the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in 2015. He was working as a senior registrar at the University of Liverpool between 1995 and 1997, and as a guest senior doctor at the University of Nottingham between 2001 and 2003. Dr. Gerlinger has mentored more than 10 young colleagues during their PhD studies over the last one and half decade.
- middle ear surgery (eardrum repair, middle ear bone replacement, cholesteatoma surgery, stapes surgery)
- Eustachian tube balloon dilation
- state-of -the-art management of hearing loss using implants
- surgeries on the underside of the brain
- endoscopic sinus surgery
- salivary gland surgery
- thyroid gland surgeries
- routinely performed ear, nose and throat surgeries (grommet insertion, tonsillectomy, septoplasty, adenoidectomy, etc.)
- symptom oriented otorhinolaryngology (ENT) (earache, postnasal drip, facial pain, facial nerve paralysis, dizziness, tinnitus, chronic cough, snoring, dry mouth, mouth burning, globus sensation, sore throat, hoarseness, difficulty swallowing, neck lumps, examining abnormalities of the oral cavity)
- Dr. Gerlinger has gained comprehensive knowledge of otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery covering 35 years of surgical experience.
- He has been educating medical students both in Hungarian and in English for over 3 decades.
- He is invited and a participant at international conferences regularly.
- So far, he has had more than 60 works published in English and more than 100 works published in Hungarian in different academic journals.
- Dr. Gerlinger provided charitable surgeries in: India, Uzbekistan, Malawi, Nepal, Oman
Education and qualifications
- Otorhinolaryngologist (ENT specialist) (1986)
- Audiologist (1998)
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
• American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
• Hungarian Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, president (2010-2014)
• Romanian Society of Otorhinolaryngology, honorary member
• Czech Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, honorary member
• German Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, honorary member
• EAONO, Eastern-European secretary (2014-2019)
DSc, Hungarian Academy of Sciences (2015)
- [Stories from otorhinolaryngology] Fül-orr-gégészeti históriák, Prentun TS Kiadó, 2012
- [Symptom oriented otorhinolaryngology] Tünetorientált fül-orr-gégészet, Medicina Kiadó, Budapest, 2013
- [Mosaics from otology] Fülészeti mozaikok, Pharmapress Kiadó, Budapest, 2016
- [Vignettes from otorhinolaryngology] Fül-orr-gégészeti karcolatok, Medicina Kiadó, 2018.
- Vilmos püspök Award (Scientific Award of Baranya County, 2016)
- Cseresnyés Commemorative Medal (Cseresnyés- emlékérem), by the Hungarian Society of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, 2016
- Award of the Association of Hungarian Medical Societies, 2017
- Batthyány-Strattmann László Award, 2018
- Krepuska Géza Award, 2018
- Research fellow, Utrecht University, Ear, Nose and Throat Department, Utrecht, the Netherlands
- University of Liverpool, ENT Department, Overseas Doctor’s Training Scheme, Liverpool, England
- Head of Department at the Ear Surgery Department, University of Nottingham, Queen’s Medical Centre, ENT Department, Nottingham, England
- Studying abroad: USA, Norway, France, Italy, Austria, Germany
- Guest surgeon: Dubai, Athens, London
Should You like to make an appointment with our collegue for private consultation, please dial the number +36-1-489-5200, where our dispatchers will answer your call between 8am and 8pm every weekday!