Sztipits, Tamás, MD, F.E.B.S.To make an appointment or for more information, call +36 1 489 5200, where we will receive your call every weekday between 8.00 and 20.00.
In 2008 I graduated from Semmelweis University, and in 2014 I acquired a qualifying exam in general surgery at excellent level.
I have spent many years in foreign lands, in the United Kingdom, where I was mainly occupied with the modern surgery of the colon and with proctology; I also participated in many study trips to Italy, the Netherlands, Germany and the U.S.A.
In 2016 I successfully obtained the European qualifying exam in oncology-surgery (F.E.B.S.).
When I returned to Hungary, I joined the Abdominal Surgery Unit of the National Institute of Oncology, where I mainly treat colon and rectal tumours, but the surgical treatment of stomach tumours, liver transplants and abdominal sarcomas are part of my work as well.
During my one-day surgical treatment I treat benign general surgical and proctological diseases.
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Surgery of colon and rectum
- Liver tumour surgery
- Abdominal soft tissue tumours and sarcomas
- General surgery
- 2008 – 2010: Semmelweis University, Central surgical intern
- 2008 – 2009: Central Intensive duty, Érd, Duty doctor
- 2009 – 2010: Department of Traumatology Surgery, Szent János Hospital, Duty doctor
- 2010 – 2011: Department of General Surgery, Benenden Hospital, Junior surgeon
- 2011 – 2014: Department of Surgery, Semmelweis University, Specialist candidate
- 2013: Colorectal Unit, Department of Surgery, Watford General Hospital, Hertfordshire
- 2014 – : Abdominal Surgery Unit, Tumour Surgery Center, National Institute of Oncology
- 2015 – : Private practice
- 2019 – : Buda Health Center
Education and qualifications
- 2008: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 2013: Liver Surgery Master course, Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan
- 2014: qualifying exam in surgery
- 2014: Liver surgery advanced course, Nazionale Instituto dei Tumori, Milan
- 2016: European qualifying exam in oncology-surgery
- 2016: TEO/TAMIS trans-anal surgery master course, Frankfurt
- 2016: TAMIS trans-anal surgery master course, Amersfoort
- 2017: colon surgical study trip, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre
- 2018: Laparoscopic Complete Mesocolic Excision master course, Hamburg
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Surgical Society
- Hungarian Cancer Society
- Hungarian Medical Chamber
- General Medical Council (UK)
- European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
- European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP)
Laparoscoppal végzett subtotalis gyomorresectio Roux-en-Y szerinti rekonstrukcióval, antralis gyomoradenocarcinoma miatt. Sztipits T et al. Magy Seb. 2015 Dec;68(6):235-8
Comparison of open and laparoscopic minor liver resections for malignant tumours - based on the experience of the first 50 cases. Sztipits T et al. Orv Hetil. 2019 Jan;160(3):104-111.
Feel free to contact our specialists!
At the seven-time Superbrands award-winning Buda Health Center, you have the opportunity to attend the private practices of more than 300 renowned specialists, offering expertise in nearly 45 medical specialisms, at three locations. Personalized care is provided by a well-trained and empathetic staff of professionals, who have been working together for a long time. Based on our 20 years of experience and the feedback received from our 330,000 clients, we are constantly working to organize our healthcare services in the most efficient way possible for those who visit us, paying respect to their needs and time.