What is dentistry?
Dentistry is the branch of medicine that is involved in the study, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity: teeth, gums, jaw bone, tongue, lips, mucous membrane, salivary glands, and problems and diseases of the mandibular joint. Most of our patients come to us with such complaints as gingivitis, receding gums, missing teeth, etc.
When should I consult a dentist?
Unfortunately, most of us consult a dentist only in the event of pain, when a problem arises or, possibly, for esthetic purposes. We would like to see dentistry become a specialty where patients come to for regular checkup, preferably every 6 months. During screening examinations, the condition of the teeth and gums are evaluated. Cancer screening is also included since, the incidence of oral cavity malignant tumors cases increased markedly over the last few years but are curable when diagnosed in time.
Oral hygiene treatment is also recommended every 6 months. These treatments consist of ultrasonic plaque removal, removal of discoloration, polishing, and consultation allowing for early diagnosis and the prevention of receding gums, gingivitis.
- Conserving dental treatments: esthetic fillings, root canal treatments, esthetic inlays, onlays.
- Periodontal treatments: ultrasonic plaque removal, polishing, curettage of periodontal pockets, coloring of teeth.
- Tooth replacements: esthetic metal-ceramic and non-metal tooth replacements, crowns, bridges, combined replacements, dentures.
- Pediatric dentistry: we will see children of any age, more so, since we put great emphasis on the importance of prevention. Filling and treatment of milk and permanent teeth, tooth injuries, cleft closure.
- Esthetic treatments: polishing with a dental sand blaster, whitening, jewelry placement.
- The treatments are performed in a calming environment, with much care and, as far as possible, without causing pain.
Why choose the Buda Health Center?
The Patient-Doctor relationship is based on trust, the determining factor in a treatment's success or failure. We feel that our doctors have earned this trust through their professionalism, knowledge, experience and know-how. The level of care is further guaranteed since many of our leading physicians have gained renown and are respected in their field of specialty.