What is dietetics?
According to Webster's Dictionary, the word ‘diet' derives from the Latin ‘diaeta', literally meaning “a manner of living, a way of life". Another opinion is that it comes from the Greek word ‘diaita' meaning “a prescribed way of living" and dietetics is the science of diet and nutrition that Hippocrates was the first to deal with. Through diet consultation we work to maintain the healthy person in good health and to help bring the person suffering from an illness or disease back to health.
How may the dietitian help?
- Help in changing life style, maintain good health, prevention,
- advise on diet in cases of an existing illness,
- set up a proper diet for illnesses that depend on a proper diet, as well as metabolic diseases (diabetes), weight loss, weight gain,
- in cases of illnesses due to allergies (wheat flour, milk, eggs), digestive tract diseases (gastrointestinal)
- set up a special diet required by athletes,
- advise when laboratory results show abnormal results, especially in view of cardiovascular risk factors and metabolic syndromes.
Results of laboratory tests including CBC, blood lipids, urinalysis, lactose intolerance, bone mass, and BMI will be required in order for the dietitian to be able to give the patient proper advice.
What happens during consultation?
Diet history will be taken, the current nutritional condition measured (BMI Index, body fat measurement with the OMRON BF 300 device), dietary regimen will be discussed along with keeping a diary of foods ingested, then evaluate.
- Consultations are by appointment.
- For our contracted corporations, the consultations may be conducted on their premises, the location that the employees would like to turn into a healthy workplace. Here the dietitian will also help set up healthy buffets.
- Informative lectures may conducted on off-site locations.
Why the Buda Health Center?
The Patient-Doctor relationship is based on trust, the determining factor in a treatment's success or failure. We feel that our doctors have earned this trust through their professionalism, knowledge, experience and know-how. The level of care is further guaranteed since many of our leading physicians have gained renown and are respected in their field of specialty.