It is a well-known fact that the number of children suffering from allergies is currently on the increase.
Our Pediatric Pulmonology Clinic treats patients with hay fever, allergic conjunctivitis, eczema and asthma through medication therapy and life style consultation.
- detailed medical history (when examining children, this is often more important than the instrumental examination that follows)
- physical examination (we try to accomplish this in the most “child friendly” manner possible)
- diagnostic tests (skin test, allergy test, immunodeficiency blood test)
- X-ray and/or ultrasound, if required
- lung function (in the case of smaller children, we imitate birthday candles on the computer)
- basic lung function
- lung function following bronchodilator
- exercise lung test (running required here…)
"When treating children, it is important to remember that no two cases of asthma or allergies are alike and that it is essential that the examinations and therapies be set up for each child individually. The many experiences I have gained during the past 10 years of treating more than ten thousand children are very helpful now in this endeavor.
I welcome the children, be it for simple sneezy-runny noses or when they go from one upper respiratory tract problem to the other, to the most serious asthma sufferer who cannot keep up with his age group during PE classes or maybe stays awake all night due to his or her illness. I welcome them all.
My goal is to provide a therapy that will enable the children to have the same quality of life as their healthy peers.”
Bartha Csaba, MD Pediatric Pulmonology