Gyökeres, Tibor, MD Ph.D., MScTo make an appointment or for more information, call +36 1 489 5200, where we will receive your call every weekday between 8.00 and 20.00.
I am proud of my prestige in the field of endoscopy, because I am known in Hungary as well as in foreign countries. Besides Europe, I have been invited to many continents to give lectures and presentations on endoscopy and I have been chosen to be one of the directors of the World Endoscopy Organisation. I am using my skills and knowledge that I learned through my international studies for the benefit of my native patients.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Inflamed intestinal diseases
- Bile and biliary diseases, ERCP
- Pancreatic diseases
- Endoscopic surgery of Zenker’s diverticulum
- 1989 – 1992: Department of Gastroenterology, Metropolitan Local Government Balassa János Hospital
- 1992 – 1999: Department of Gastroenterology, Hungarian Army Medical Center
- 1999 – 2007: Department of Gastroenterology, MÁV Hospital
- 2002: Erasme Hospital, Brussels
- 2007 – : Department of Gastroenterology, Hungarian Army Medical Center
Head of Department
- 2013 – : Buda Health Center
Education and qualifications
- 1989: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 1994: qualifying exam in internal medicine
- 1997: qualifying exam in gastroenterology
- 2002: Ph.D., endoscopy in pancreatic diseases
- 2005: qualifying exam in clinical pharmacology
- 2009: medical professional management course
- 2011: medical professional manager – MSc, filter colonoscopy and the subject of private endoscopy
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Gastroenterology Society
2002 – : Member of Directory
2004 – 2010: Endoscopic section chief secretary
2010 – 2018: Endoscopic section Director
2018 – : Chief secretary
- World Endoscopy Organisation
2017 – : Member of Directorate
2017 – : Standards of Practice and Publications Committee Member
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
2011 – : International member
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
2012 – 2016: Councillor
2012 – 2016: Member of Directorate
- 2014 – : European ERCP Focus Group
- Main editor and publisher of the first Hungarian “Emésztőszervi Endoszkópia” titled book.
- In 2012 and 2016 I organized endoscopic demonstrations, where there were more than 400 participants from 23 and 38 nations respectively.
- In 2018 I became co-organiser of the Budapest 1st all-European endoscopic congress (ESGEDays2018), where more 2000 participants came from 79 nations
- Besides national live endoscopic presentations, I am an invited specialist and demonstrator at many international congresses (Cairo, Prague, London, Zagreb, Sofia, Belgrade, Yaroslavl, Cluj-Napoca, and Assiut). Besides these listed, other international conferences to which I was invited to present on the subject were in Seoul, Rio de Janeiro, Tel-Aviv, Luxor, Hurghada, Barcelona and Vienna And was invited to present on other specialities (surgery, oncology, emergency medicine, pulmonology, diabetology, dietetics) at national events.
- I am credited with more than 60 national and international publications, 40 book chapters (including those in English) and more than 200 English congress abstracts. I have many times been given the “legjobb hazai gasztroenterológiai tárgyú közlemény” award.
Feel free to contact our specialists!
At the seven-time Superbrands award-winning Buda Health Center, you have the opportunity to attend the private practices of more than 300 renowned specialists, offering expertise in nearly 45 medical specialisms, at three locations. Personalized care is provided by a well-trained and empathetic staff of professionals, who have been working together for a long time. Based on our 20 years of experience and the feedback received from our 330,000 clients, we are constantly working to organize our healthcare services in the most efficient way possible for those who visit us, paying respect to their needs and time.