I am proud of my prestige in the field of endoscopy, because I am known in Hungary as well as in foreign countries. Besides Europe, I have been invited to many continents to give lectures and presentations on endoscopy and I have been chosen to be one of the directors of the World Endoscopy Organisation. I am using my skills and knowledge that I learned through my international studies for the benefit of my native patients.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Inflamed intestinal diseases
- Bile and biliary diseases, ERCP
- Pancreatic diseases
- Endoscopic surgery of Zenker’s diverticulum
- 1989 – 1992: Department of Gastroenterology, Metropolitan Local Government Balassa János Hospital
- 1992 – 1999: Department of Gastroenterology, Hungarian Army Medical Center
- 1999 – 2007: Department of Gastroenterology, MÁV Hospital
- 2002: Erasme Hospital, Brussels
- 2007 – : Department of Gastroenterology, Hungarian Army Medical Center
- 2013 – : Buda Health Center
Education and qualifications
- 1989: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 1994: qualifying exam in internal medicine
- 1997: qualifying exam in gastroenterology
- 2002: Ph.D., endoscopy in pancreatic diseases
- 2005: qualifying exam in clinical pharmacology
- 2009: medical professional management course
- 2011: medical professional manager – MSc, filter colonoscopy and the subject of private endoscopy
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Gastroenterology Society
- 2002 – : Member of Directory
- 2004 – 2010: Endoscopic section chief secretary
- 2010 – 2018: Endoscopic section Director
- 2018 – : Chief secretary
- World Endoscopy Organisation
- 2017 – : Member of Directorate
- 2017 – : Standards of Practice and Publications Committee Member
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- 2011 – : International member
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- 2012 – 2016: Councillor
- 2012 – 2016: Member of Directorate
- 2014 – : European ERCP Focus Group
- Main editor and publisher of the first Hungarian “Emésztőszervi Endoszkópia” titled book.
- In 2012 and 2016 I organized endoscopic demonstrations, where there were more than 400 participants from 23 and 38 nations respectively.
- In 2018 I became co-organiser of the Budapest 1st all-European endoscopic congress (ESGEDays2018), where more 2000 participants came from 79 nations
- Besides national live endoscopic presentations, I am an invited specialist and demonstrator at many international congresses (Cairo, Prague, London, Zagreb, Sofia, Belgrade, Yaroslavl, Cluj-Napoca, and Assiut). Besides these listed, other international conferences to which I was invited to present on the subject were in Seoul, Rio de Janeiro, Tel-Aviv, Luxor, Hurghada, Barcelona and Vienna And was invited to present on other specialities (surgery, oncology, emergency medicine, pulmonology, diabetology, dietetics) at national events.
- I am credited with more than 60 national and international publications, 40 book chapters (including those in English) and more than 200 English congress abstracts. I have many times been given the “legjobb hazai gasztroenterológiai tárgyú közlemény” award.
Should You like to make an appointment with our collegue for private consultation, please dial the number +36-1-489-5200, where our dispatchers will answer your call between 8am and 8pm every weekday!