Kurimay, Tamás, MD, Prof.To make an appointment or for more information, call +36 1 489 5200, where we will receive your call every weekday between 8.00 and 20.00.
- Integration of biology and social therapy
- Treatment of psychological diseases before, during and after giving birth (perinatal psychiatry)
- Family therapy, cognitive psychotherapy
- Treatment of mood changes and anxiety
- Sport-related problems
- Mental diseases for adults at every life stage, including the elderly as well
- Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Central National Hospital
- Teaching Hospital, Semmelweis University
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Responsible for study
- Psychiatry and Psychotherapy Clinic, Kútvölgyi Clinical Block, Semmelweis University, Leading senior doctor
- 1986: University of Pennsylvania
- Family Centric Health Center of Buda, Department of Psychiatry, Szent János Hospital, 2001 – : Head of Department
- 2003 – : Buda Health Center
Education and qualifications
- 1979: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 1983: qualifying exam in psychiatry
- 1986: cognitive therapy, family therapy course, University of Pennsylvania
- 1994: Ph.D.
- 1994: qualifying exam in addictology
- 1994: qualifying exam in psychotherapy
- 1998: supervisor with degree
- 2004: European Psychotherapy Degree
- 2005: qualifying exam in medical recovery
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Family Therapy Association, 1995 – 2002: Director
- European Family Therapy Association, 1998 – 2003: Member of Directorate
- Family Research and Intervention Section, World Psychiatric Association, 2008 – 2014: Director
- Psychiatric and Psychotherapeutic Committee, Psychiatry Special College, 2015 – : Director
- Hungarian Psychiatric Association
2010 – 2012: Director
Foreign Affairs Committee, Director – to date
Sport Psychiatry Section, Co-director
- World Health Organization
Counterpart on Mental Health of Hungary
- European Psychiatric Association
Member of Directory
Council of National Psychiatric Association, 2017 – 2019: Director
- He published more than 70 articles in scientific journals; author and co-author of 26 books and chapters, he has presented more than 260 lectures at national and international conferences.
- He and MD. Tünde Németh initiated the first Hungarian Baby-Mother – Father programme in 2004.
2001: European Family Therapy Award
Böszörményi-Nagy Iván award
2007: Batthyányi-Strattmann László award
2008: Hollós István award
2011: Appreciation by the Minister
2011: Award by the Minister
Feel free to contact our specialists!
At the seven-time Superbrands award-winning Buda Health Center, you have the opportunity to attend the private practices of more than 300 renowned specialists, offering expertise in nearly 45 medical specialisms, at three locations. Personalized care is provided by a well-trained and empathetic staff of professionals, who have been working together for a long time. Based on our 20 years of experience and the feedback received from our 330,000 clients, we are constantly working to organize our healthcare services in the most efficient way possible for those who visit us, paying respect to their needs and time.