Lakatos, József, MD PhD.To make an appointment or for more information, call +36 1 489 5200, where we will receive your call every weekday between 8.00 and 20.00.
- Major joint replacements – annual number of major surgeries: ~ 250
- Surgical solutions for complications in total hip replacements
- Revision arthroplasty
- Surgical approaches in rheumatoid arthritis
- Currently: National Center for Spinal Disorders and Buda Health Center
- 1993-2012: Semmelweis University, Budapest, Department of Orthopedics - Associate Professor, Deputy Head
- 1977-1993: National Hospital for Rheumatology and Phisiotherapy, Department of Orthopedics - Assistant (Adjunct) Professor
- 1972-1977: The Koranyi Institute National Hospital for Pulmonology and Tuberculosis, Resident in Orthopedic Surgery - Department of Orthopedics
Education and qualifications
- 1988.: The Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- 1976.: The National Board of Orthopedics, National Board Exam (Orthopedics)
- 1972.: Stavropol State University, Russia, Doctor or Medicine (MD)
- 1990: Cementless total hip replacements - University of Vienna, Austria
- 1992: Spinal Surgery - Linsdale Hospital, Chicago, USA
- 1992: Scoliosis surgery course – Mark Ascher, Kansas, USA
- 1986: Surgical complications in orthopedic surgery - Gottingen University, Germany
- 1985: Revision arthroplasty - Sophies Minde Orthopedics Hospital, Oslo, Norway
- 1985: Total hip replacement - Princess Elisabeth Orthopedic Hospital, Exeter, UK
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Orthopedic Association (Board Member)
- Hungarian College of Orthopedics (Board Member, Advisory role to the Secretary for Health)
- Hungarian Reuma Society
- Hungarian Sociality of Spinal Disorders
- The analysis of complications following total hip replacements
- Published peer reviewed papers: 52
Of which in foreign languages: 6.
- Congress abstracts: 72
- Book chapters in Hungarian: 6
- Book chapters in English: 6
- Professional Award: "Gyula Dollinger Medal of the Hungarian Orthopaed Association"
- Educational activity:
Medical trainings since l980.
Teaching medical students in Hungarian and English since 1993
Feel free to contact our specialists!
At the seven-time Superbrands award-winning Buda Health Center, you have the opportunity to attend the private practices of more than 300 renowned specialists, offering expertise in nearly 45 medical specialisms, at three locations. Personalized care is provided by a well-trained and empathetic staff of professionals, who have been working together for a long time. Based on our 20 years of experience and the feedback received from our 330,000 clients, we are constantly working to organize our healthcare services in the most efficient way possible for those who visit us, paying respect to their needs and time.