Ledniczky, György, MDTo make an appointment or for more information, call +36 1 489 5200, where we will receive your call every weekday between 8.00 and 20.00.
- 1987 – : Department of Surgery, Semmelweis University School of Medicine
1987 – 1991: Demonstrator / professors’ undergraduate assistant
1991 – 1995: Resident
1996 – 1997: Assistant professor
- 1989: Surgical Department of Panarkadiko General Hospital, Tripoli, Greece, Exchange student
- 1991 – 1995: Department of Surgery, Szent János Hospital, Surgical resident
- 1995 – 1996: Department of Surgery, Indiana University Medical Center, Research fellow
- 1997 – : 2nd Department of Surgery, Kútvölgyi Hospital, Semmelweis University
1997 – : Assistant professor of surgery
1997 – : Board certified staff surgeon
2002 – : Tutor for general surgery for surgical residents
2005 – 2013: Senior consultant
2013 – : Chief surgeon
2013 – : Supervisor of graduate and postgraduate English Surgical Training
- 1998 – : Kútvölgyi Training Hospital and Outpatient Department, Semmelweis University
1998 – : Board certified surgeon
- 1998 – : Zsuzsa Kossuth Medical High School, Lecturer
- 2000 – : Tutor and supervisor for 4th and 6th year medical students in surgical practicals
- 2000 – : Telki Hospital and Outpatient Department
2001 – : Surgical consultant
- 2003 – : Semmelweis University, Lecturer in Emergency Surgery for the English Medical Course
- 2005 – : Buda Health Center
2006 – : Surgical consultant
Education and qualifications
- 1991: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 1997: qualifying exam in surgery
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Medical Chamber
- Hungarian Surgical Society
- Research and experimental activity
1987 – 1990: Member of the experimental liver transplantation team of the Department of Surgery, Semmelweis University, studying various surgical techniques of human orthotopic hepatic transplantation in canines.
1994: Completion of a course in laparoscopic cholecystectomy, including operations carried out on pigs, organised by Ethicon Endo-Surgery.
1995 – 1996: Visiting Researcher at the Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine. Research projects:
1. Immunological effects of High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) in experimental neuroblastoma.
2. Comparison of the trophic effects of Interleukin-11 and Epidermal Growth Factor on residual small intestine after massive bowel resection.
3. Interleukin-11 reduced bacteria translocation in Zymosan induced systemic inflammatory response syndrome in mice.
4. Effects of Somatostatin on liver regeneration and tumour growth following 70% hepatectomy in rats.
5.Analyisis of perioperative cholangiography in one thousand laparoscopic cholecystectomies.
6.Pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasms (PanIN) and intrapancreatic mucinous neoplasia (IPMN)
1990: 2nd prize awarded by the Rector of Semmelweis University for the competition essay: " The Role of Proximal Gastric Vagotomy in the Treatment of Acute Complications of Gastroduodenal Ulcers.''
1995 – 1996: “Eötvös“ Hungarian State Scholarship awarded by The Hungarian National Scholarship Committee (MÖB) for research projects performed at Indiana University Medical Center, Indiana, USA.
Feel free to contact our specialists!
At the seven-time Superbrands award-winning Buda Health Center, you have the opportunity to attend the private practices of more than 300 renowned specialists, offering expertise in nearly 45 medical specialisms, at three locations. Personalized care is provided by a well-trained and empathetic staff of professionals, who have been working together for a long time. Based on our 20 years of experience and the feedback received from our 330,000 clients, we are constantly working to organize our healthcare services in the most efficient way possible for those who visit us, paying respect to their needs and time.