Between 1977 and 1983, I worked at the First Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University, since when I have been working at the Department of Orthopaedics at Semmelweis University. In the first 10 years, I chose histopathology and interpreted the clinical materials. My Candidate dissertation relates to this, later my academic medical dissertation as well.
- Adult orthopaedics
- Hip and knee arthroplasty
- Bone and soft tissue tumours
- 1st Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University
- 1983 – : Orthopaedic Clinic
- 1995 – 2017: Director of Clinic
- 2007 – : Buda Health Center
Education and qualifications
- 1977: Faculty of Medicine – Semmelweis University
- 1982: qualifying exam in pathology and histopathology
- 1986: qualifying exam in orthopaedics
Professional and society membership
- European Musculoskeletal Oncology Society
- 2009 – 2010: Member of Directorate
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Knochentumoren
- Cooperative Osteosarcoma Study
- Reference surgeon in the East European orthopaedic oncology area
- European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Specialist College
- Hungarian Orthopaedic Association
- 2001 – 2003, 2017 – 2020: Director
- In 2007 I published the first edition of my specialist book titled Ortopédia , which is a helpful ’guide’ for students and specialist candidates. Professor György Szoke and I published a book called Az ortopédia tankönyve in 2018. The Csont-ízületi daganatok és daganatszerű elváltozások-titled book’s first edition was published in 2008; the second edition was in 2015, and the Malignus lágyrésztumorok diagnosztikája és kezelése- titled book was published in 2017. More than 100 of my articles have been published, including 43 in international journals, and 13 different book chapters.
- During my leadership we have created a medical doctor programme, called “Támasztó és mozgató szervrendszer működésének fiziológiája és patológiája”.