Éltes, Péter, MD PhDTo make an appointment or for more information, call +36 1 489 5200, where we will receive your call every weekday between 8.00 and 20.00.
- Spine surgery
- Musculoskeletal modelling and simulation
- Patient-specific implant design
- 2021 - : National Center for Spinal Disorders, Budapest – Spine surgeon
- 2020 - : Department of Spine Surgery, Semmelweis University, Hungary
- 2018 - : Head of Laboratory | In Silico Biomechanics Laboratory, National Center for Spinal Disorders, Budapest
- 2012 - : National Center for Spinal Disorders, Budapest - MD
- 2012 - : National Center for Spinal Disorders, Budapest - medical researcher
Education and qualifications
- 2021: EUROSPINE Diploma program
- 2021: Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery board exam
- 2016-2021: Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery Residency Program, Semmelweis University, Budapest
- 2020.11.02: PhD degree: „ Implementation of In Silico Biomechanical Methods in Spine Surgery Innovations ”
- 2016.02.01-28: Visiting Researcher, Department of Mechanical Engineering, INSIGNEO Institute for in Silico Medicine, The University of Sheffield, UK
- 2013-2016: Semmelweis University, Doctoral School, PhD fellow
- 2006-2012: University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Targu Mures, Faculty of General Medicine
- Introduction to Abaqus, Training Course held at Dassault System Austria GmbH, Vienna, Austria, 2015.11.30-12.04.
- Advanced Cours, Bone Cell and Tissue Mechanics, (CISM-International Centre for Mechanical Sciences, Coordinated by Bert van Rietbergen, Udine, Italy), 2015.06.22.-26.
- AOSpine Masters Symposium, Surgical Treatment of Spine Tumors, Budapest, 2014.11.27.-28.
- Summer University, Today’s Realities in Spine Surgery, Athens, 2014.07.02.-04.
- Musculoskeletal Modeling and Simulation, Hands-On with the AnyBody Modeling System, Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg, 2014.09.23.-25.
- FEA Course: Introduction to Biomechanical Computer Simulation, Digital Modelling and Finite Element Analysis Applied to Biosciences, Barcelona, 2014.01.16.-24.
- Autodesk Inventor Basic Course, Budapest
- AOSpine Advanced Symposium, Spine Surgery in Elderly, Budapest, 2013.11.28.-29.
- Biomechanics Summer Course, Institute of Orthopaedic Research and BiomechanicsUniversity of Ulm, 2013.07.23.- 26.
Language of consultation
Professional and society membership
- Hungarian Spine Society
- Hungarian Orthopedic Association
- VPH-Institute/ Personal member/ 2021
- VPH-Institute/ student member/ member of the student committee 2016-2018
2017 VPHi webinar - Computational methods establish the future of patient-specific spine surgery.- Dr. Aron Lazary
2016 VPHi webinar Can engineers help clinicians in their decision-process? - Prof. Damien Lacroix
- 2019-2021: SPINNER, European Union’s Horizon 2020, Marie S.-C. No 766012, supervisor, ESR 3,4
- 2017-2021: STABILITY, (Hungarian Scientific Research Fund, ID: FK123884) senior researcher
- .2012-2014: MySpine, FP7 HEALTH-F2-2008-269909 coinvestigator
Papers in international journals: 17
Impact factor: 33.941
The 10 most important publications:
- 1. J. Fayad, M. Turbucz, B. Hajnal, F. Bereczki, M. Bartos, A. Bank, A. Lazary and P. E. Eltes (2021). Correction of complicated postoperative flat back deformity with the aid of virtual and 3D printed anatomical models: case report. Frontiers in surgery, doi: 10.3389/fsurg.2021.662919, Provisionally accepted. IF:1.826
- 2. Eltes, P. E., Kiss, L., Bereczki, F., Szoverfi, Z., Techens, C., Jakab, G., ... & Lazary, A. (2021). A novel three-dimensional volumetric method to measure indirect decompression after percutaneous cement discoplasty. Journal of Orthopaedic Translation, 28, 131-139. IF 3.986
- 3. Eltes, P. E., Bartos, M., Hajnal, B., Pokorni, A., Kiss, L., Lacroix, D., ... & Lazary, A. (2020). Development of a computer-aided design and finite element analysis combined method for affordable spine surgical navigation with 3D-printed customized template. Frontiers in surgery, 7, 176., IF:1.826
- 4. Demir, E., Eltes, P., Castro, A. P., Lacroix, D., & Toktaş, I. (2020). Finite element modelling of hybrid stabilization systems for the human lumbar spine. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 0954411920946636. IF: 1.282
- 5. Techens, C., Palanca, M., Eltes, P. E., Lazary, A., & Cristofolini, L. (2020). Testing the impact of discoplasty on the biomechanics of the intervertebral disc with simulated degeneration: an in vitro porcine study. Medical Engineering & Physics. Medical Engineering & Physics. IF:1.737
- 6. Costa, M. C., Eltes, P., Lazary, A., Varga, P. P., Viceconti, M., & Dall’Ara, E. (2019). Biomechanical assessment of vertebrae with lytic metastases with subject-specific finite element models. Journal of the mechanical behavior of biomedical materials, 98, 268-290. IF: 3.485
- 7. P. E. Eltes, L. Kiss, M. Bartos et al., Geometrical accuracy evaluation of an affordable 3D printing technology for spine physical models, Journal of Clinical Neuroscience,
- 8. https: //doi.org/10.1016/j.jocn.2019.12.027. IF: 1.593
- 9. Kiss, L., Varga, P. P., Szoverfi, Z., Jakab, G., Eltes, P. E., & Lazary, A. (2019). Indirect foraminal decompression and improvement in the lumbar alignment after percutaneous cement discoplasty. European Spine Journal, 1-7. IF:2.513
- 10. van Rijsbergen, M., van Rietbergen, B., Barthelemy, V., Eltes, P., Lazáry, Á., Lacroix, D., Noailly J, Ho Ba Tho MC., Wilson W., Ito, K. (2018). Comparison of patient-specific computational models vs. clinical follow-up, for adjacent segment disc degeneration and bone remodelling after spinal fusion. PloS one, 13(8), e0200899. IF:2.766
Awards & Recognition
- 2016: MultiSim Modelathon 2016, members of the winning team.
- 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015: ˝ ZINNER NANDOR˝ Award, offered by the Hungarian Orthopedic Association
Feel free to contact our specialists!
At the seven-time Superbrands award-winning Buda Health Center, you have the opportunity to attend the private practices of more than 300 renowned specialists, offering expertise in nearly 45 medical specialisms, at three locations. Personalized care is provided by a well-trained and empathetic staff of professionals, who have been working together for a long time. Based on our 20 years of experience and the feedback received from our 330,000 clients, we are constantly working to organize our healthcare services in the most efficient way possible for those who visit us, paying respect to their needs and time.